AUGUST 2019 – NEWSLETTER #25 ON ONLINE EDUCATION AT SCALE
• Google Introduces a Plagiarism Checker for Classroom and Assignments
• Mark Cuban Launches an AI Bootcamp in Partnership with Microsoft and Walmart
• UT Austin Joins Colleges that Offer Tuition-Free Programs
• IBM Offers Employees Four Programs in AI and Data Science in Partnership with a Web Training Firm
• Amazon Will Invest $700 Million to Retrain 100,000 Employees Over Six Years
• SV Academy Trains and Get High-Paying Jobs to People with Non-Tech Background
• 2U’s New $24K Online Undergrad Degree: Trend of Publicity Stunt?
• More Securities Class-Action Lawsuits Against 2U for “False or Misleading Statements” During the Second Quarter
• New York Litigation Firm Announces an Investigation of 2U on Behalf of Purchasers
• Analysts Raise Suspicion: A $23k Degree on edX Prompts Doubts on the 2U Model
• 2U Logs a Small Gain But Uncertainty Over Its Business Model Persists
• 2U Shares Continue to Drop After the Company Announcement of Big Losses
• Pearson’s Bold Move Into Digital Will Allow Them to Re-Establish Control of the Market
• Amazon’s Gigantic Training Effort Shows How Automation Is Transforming the Job Market
• Asimov Predicted the State of Education in 2019. Was He Right?
• Creating Compelling Slides: Bullet Point the Content or Read Scripts?
• It’s All About Increasing Learners’ Engagement in Courses and Programs
2019 UPCOMING EVENTS
This newsletter about learning innovation is a monthly report compiled by IBL News and IBL Education. If you enjoy what you read please consider forwarding it to spread the word. Click here to subscribe.